But since Kelly lured me into this and Kelly has just posted ten things about her, I thought I'd see if I can find ten things about me to say. Not sure how this will go....
1. I was raised in foster care. That's an important fact about me. It says how I view relationships, money, time, responsibility and family. Please don't assume any negatives from my experience. There are so many more positives that they far outweigh what might have been. I had amazingly good foster parents. I hope my life honors their memory.
2. I love to read. All kinds of books. Always have. L'Amour to Paul to Tolstoy to Fitzgerald to Castle. Biographies are my favorites, but I read all sorts of random things.
3. I hate guns. It's my right as a patriotic American to hate guns. Think what you will. Tell me again that guns don't kill people..... I hate guns. Hunting rifles used to feed your family, that's different. I mean handguns and machine guns. The kind of weapons only used to take life. They only brings sadness - whether they kill someone or not.
4. I love Jesus. I am an outspoken born-again believer in the name of Jesus. True story. I try to follow His teachings and live to please Him. I don't know if I'm a very good Christian, but I try.
5. I have four official angelbabies and many, many more extras. Angelbabies are grandchildren. They call me Bapka (Polish for Grandmother according to Google translations). They make me smile constantly.
6. I love kids. I have two sons and one daughter-in-law, but have been adopted by a wide range of kids - some barely younger enough to be my children. They are all colors of the rainbow and come from many cultures. I love them each individually and am proud to be owned by them.
7. This is getting tougher.... Let's see.... I am a writer. I suppose you already know that. It took me a long time to believe my 7th grade English teacher who first labeled me. I think I was 40 when I started to call myself a writer. I was 44 when I published my first book.
8. I am divorced. That's hard for me to remember, too. I know I'm not married, but it's hard to remember why sometimes. Mental block, I suppose. It's an important fact about me, but I don't always advertise it.
9. My bucket list has a lot of traveling on it. I love to go places and meet new people. I like to see the world through their eyes and experience their lifestyle. Such an amazing diversity in our world.
10. My house decorating theme is "My Stuff." Strewn about the walls and bookshelves and floor and cabinets are stories collected from people who have crossed my path. Grandma's PianoOrgan, books from friends long gone, Angelbaby toys, gifts from my sons who were once little boys, pictures of my sister and I. It's my stuff. It's not much, but it tells the story of me.
There! I did it! Ten things about me. Well, if you are still reading, thanks! Now.... tell me about you. At least tell me where you are from and how you found this writer's words.