Ever wonder why writers always seem a little distracted? Disconnected? Like they are on another planet? With a strange vocabulary and an odd twist on the mundane? It's because we're writers. Through a Writer's Eyes will help you see what we see and how we see and why we say what we do. Feel free to join the conversation. Let me know how you see what I see. Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the journey!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
And the Award for Versatile Blogger Goes to.....
.... ME! *smile*
One of the advantages of the Platform Builder Campaign is meeting so many, many new writers. Another is the awards we share. Through a Writer's Eyes has just received a Versatile Blogger Award.
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it.
Since I just did a list about me, I'm going to limit the 7 things to 7 types of books/writing that I like the best.
1. All time favorite book is The Outsiders. Still cry when Dally is shot....
2. One of my favorite authors is Tolstoy - and I have been to his house in Moscow!
3. I love to read biographies. Nicolas Sparks, Tolstoy, and James Dean all live in my memories because of their biographies.
4. Poetry makes me introspective. I have been lost in Thoreau for days. I don't memorize it, so don't ask for a quote. I just dawdle over the phrases and luxuriate in their turns.
5. Light fiction and romance novels are not my favorite types of reading. They bore me and make me think, "someone got paid to write that....."
6. The Bible is the richest piece of literature I have ever explored and I never tire of it.
7. I collect old books and have found them to be the best forms of mental escape.
Now, passing the award along to 15 recently discovered blogs. I have included some who I regularly follow to open up their readership and some I have recently discovered. There are some greater writers out there of so many different genres. Stop around their pages and let me know if you find a new one to follow.
1.Mark Showalter’s Blog – Always Seeking to Know God More – Life lessons and perspectives taught in a transparent, simple way.My favorite “teaching” blog.You can find it here:http://mshowalter.wordpress.com
5.Courtney Pearson writes when not parenting, although I’m guessing a lot of her writing comes from her parenting. She is in the process of publication.You would enjoy her stuff.Here is where to find her:http://cortneypearson.blogspot.com
6.K.T. Hanna writes about writing, freestyling the process to share the hows and dos and pains and glories of writing.It’s a great connection that makes you feel like you (and she) know what you’re doing and it’s going to be great!She is found here:http://www.kthanna.com
9.Kelly is my long lost friend who started the whole Writer Platform Builder Campaign stage of my life and so her blog must be included here.Her work is full of real life and you will LOVE it.Promise.Find it here:http://clickerbug.wordpress.com
11.Sharon is a great friend who writes about the season of life she is in.She transplanted to Florida to help her elderly parents and tells of their trials and smiles along the way.Find her experiences here:http://oldpeopleandme-sharon.blogspot.com
Three more?I think this is where I’m going to break the rules.Not only am I not going to come up with three more (since there really are not three more I have found that I am ready to recommend - I don't take this lightly, you know), I’m also not going to require recipients to post the same.If you have a list of blogs you read, please do share them.If you prefer not to, that’s ok.I will love you the same.
I will ask you to do the list. *smile* AND I will ask you check out the blogs above.I think you’ll like them.A lot.I do.I love hearing what’s happening in other places and how people relate to the world.My world is very small right now and so I love this avenue of learning and sharing.
So that’s it.A long, superfluous post!Happy Thursday!