Sunday, June 19, 2011

About my Dad

It's been awhile since I've sat still long enough to write.

Truth be told, I just don't have the gumption to write about the next logical piece.  I've graduated and I need to write about that.  However, the Week-End Class schedule at St. Kate's keeps us as students for a bit after the ceremony.  I'm not really "done" until June 25, 2011.  I am relishing each moment.  Stretching out the experience, the friendships, the connections, the safety of being a student for as long as I can.

I thought I would write about my Grandpa today.  It's Father's Day and I haven't really written publicly about him.  You ought to know him.  He was a wonderful, wonderful man.  And I don't just say that because he spoiled me, took me everywhere, taught me to read, chased butterflies for me, squished bugs on my behalf and loved me absolutely.

Others will tell you the same about him.  He was amazingly compassionate.

But I find myself not able to write about him, yet, either.  I hold the treasure of his memory closely, jealously against the day the words won't stay.

Why am I bothering you, then?  Well, I thought I ought to touch your life in some small way lest you leave me for another blogger.  I do want to keep your attention.  I just am not publicly writing now.  The words are all together full these days and can't just be randomly thrown into the universe.  They require protection, still.  I will share them when they are grown words.  I promise.

But not today.  Today I am re-posting a couple of prior pieces.  They are also both in the Book of Pages About Crossing Bridges.  If you like them, you might like the Book.  Honestly.  People do.  Which always surprises me some.

In any event, here are links to the pieces written for and about my Dad:  Daddy's Hands and Before I Know It.

I hope you enjoy them.  Happy Father's Day to all the dads and all the grandpas and all the men who love like dads. 


Daddy's Hands   Daddy's Hands

Before I Know It    Before I Know It


The Book of Pages About Crossing Bridges can be purchased through the EStore at:  krisanewman.webs.com.  If you would like a signed copy, please e-mail me at newkris@yahoo.com with your contact information. 


If you like this blog, I think you will like the book.  


Blessings galore!  Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment