Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 1, Review

Well. Here I am. A blogger. How fun is that?

Kind of intimidating to consider that my words might be read by someone else. Not sure what the specific purpose of blogging is, but I am going to try to make myself write because write I must.

I am compelled to share my view of the world through my writer's eyes. I have come to understand that I see things and feel things differently than people who are not writers. I don't mean that it's better. I actually think it makes life more difficult. I feel things on a different level, more intensely, more personally. Things that other people pass over and count as insignificant take on huge meaning when looked at through my eyes. I see the sound and hear the colors and take on the emotions of the event.

Not on purpose. Oh no, not at all. I'd like to shut it off most days. But I can't. It's how I view the world. What I'm trying to understand is why God has made me this way. What's His purpose in these emotions? What does He want me to see?

And that, my friend, is the purpose of this blog. To learn to view the world through my writer's eyes so that we can discover through the journaling what His purpose is.

Welcome to my world! Walk the path with me a bit. Enjoy the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Good blogging! I'm curious to see more blogging about those insignificant things, too.

    ReplyDelete